Alios Web Project
The user can configure remotely the test system as follows:
- Choose between three different connection configurations of the four solar panels (20watt each)
- Partly shade the cell of one panel
- Adjust the tilt angle of the panels base
The system then performs automatically a test sequence in order to generate the current-voltage (I-V) characteristic curve of the photovoltaic panels array by applying a variable electronic load to the panels output.
This experiment provides a basis for
understanding the electrical behaviour of a PV panel array under different solar irradiance and ambient temperature as well as the effect of having one panel underperforming due to having one of its cell shaded or soiled by droppings etc.
Please Note: The test is run only if it is Day-Time (1 hour after sunrise and 1
hour before sunset) at the test site , and the intensity of the solar irradiance at the chosen angle exceeds
Enter the Alios project configuration menu
- Check the "Current Status" field to see if it is Day-Time or Night-Time. If the Current Status
is busy running a test sequence then unless you submitted this test, you will have to wait about 2 minutes before
the system becomes available for a new test.
- If the system is not busy, and it is DayTime, insert the desired
angle and submit your request.
- The system automatically will adjust the slope of the pv panel to the desired angle
and you see this change in the next photo. Also, the experimental characteristic curve
is shown in the graph and an external file containing the output data is generated.
The site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox