Remove PV Lab
This project suggests the development of an open access remote PV laboratory for educational purposes. A remote laboratory offers the ability to perform an extensive set of educational experiments under real conditions through the internet and within a very short time. At the same time, the student can have a live view of the systems through a web camera, offering him/her a sense of personal presence in the place where the experiment takes place. The remote PV laboratory, which will consist of specialized PV equipment, sensors, monitoring and control hardware, will be installed outdoors at the facilities of the T.E.I. of Athens, which is in a geographical region characterized by a large number of annual sunshine hours, allowing the users to perform real-world tests and experiments with photovoltaic panels over the internet, in real time. The system should be accessible by everyone on the planet with an internet access and will be offered in at least five different languages. It also should be accompanied by appropriate educational material, for several target groups, such as students, postgraduates, professionals and educators, allowing it to be used by a broad variety of users directly. The design should also be modular, to be easy to modify and or upgrade. This project will be a significant step towards open education, offering a manyfold educational experience to a broad range of users, combining learning, research, communication and collaboration.
Duration of the project
- Project Start Date : 01-09-2014
- Project End Date : 31-08-2017
- Project Total Duration: 36 months
During its progress and upon its completion, the proposed project will organize the following activities:
- Establishment and development the new remote PV laboratory, based on modern equipment and knowledge.
- Development of open educational resources for creation of a new online library and a new module in photovoltaic systems based on modern technologies and recent educational theories.
- Short courses training for engineers, scientists and planners, allowing the self-education of adults and the organization of professional seminars.
- Training on distance learning, course development and the adaptation of existing educational material to online learning.
- Participation in peer-reviewed scientific conferences, in order to disseminate the system towards other scientists with expertise on the fields of online/remote education and for the opportunity to receive feedback from them.
- Trial testing and evaluation of the project's educational impact will be performed by undergraduate and postgraduate student groups.
- Seminars will be provided to local professional organizations, such as the Technical Chamber of Greece, so as for their members to be informed of, use and provide feedback on the proposed system.
- Quality assurance and evaluation of the project's achievements
- Assurance of the project's sustainability
|© University of West Attica Renewable Energy Resources Laboratory
Co-funded by the European Union
Copyright © 2015-2016 Alios Remote Lab Project. All rights reserved.
This website is an integrated action of the project Alios Remote Lab, as part of the Erasmus+ Programme. The information provided, reflects the views only of the author, while the European Union and Erasmus+ cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made.